New Student Enrollment
The following procedure has been established for enrollment in the Aurora Schools. Prior to beginning classes, the following asterisked items must be provided to the school office:
2. BIRTH CERTIFICATE*
3. SOCIAL SECURITY CARD (Optional)
4. Current and complete IMMUNIZATION RECORDS (checked by school nurse)*
5. STUDENT HEALTH INVENTORY
6. PICTURE ID OF PARENT/GUARDIAN ENROLLING STUDENT*
7. PROOF OF LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP – CUSTODY – NOTARIZED POWER OF ATTORNEY*
8. PROOF OF RESIDENCY* (Examples: Rental contract, utility bill/deposit receipt, real estate contract signed by all parties, other - payroll check, driver's license, W-4, employment documents)
9. ACADEMIC RECORDS FROM FORMER SCHOOL
10. DISCIPLINE RECORDS FROM FORMER SCHOOL
11. COMPLETE RECORD OF PRIOR SPECIAL SCHOOL PROGRAMS FORM. If any Special Education is needed, a meeting with the Special Education Process Coordinator must take place.*
12. ADDITIONAL FORMS THAT THE BUILDING MAY REQUEST:
READING COMPACT FOR TITLE I (PATE)
FLUORIDE CONSENT FORM (PATE & ROBINSON ELEMENTARY)
MELL FORM (MIGRANT)
STUDENT LANGUAGE SURVEY
SPEECH & LANGUAGE QUESTIONNAIRE
PERMISSION FOR MEDICATION
ATHLETIC ELIGIBILITY FORM (HIGH SCHOOL)
STUDENT ATTENDANCE POLICY (HIGH SCHOOL)
Many of these items can be accomplished quickly; however, students will not begin classes until the next day as minimum. More timemay be required if other circumstances are indicated. It is helpful if the parent/guardian contacts the former school to have records faxed to the new school. Academic and discipline records can be obtained from other schools by fax or mail.
Notification will be made as to the progress of enrollment.
ADEQUATE YEARLY PROGRESS INFORMATION
Under the federal No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) of 2001, each state is required to assess all school districts to determine if each district has made adequate yearly progress (AYP) toward meeting ...more
School Dismissal Procedures
When it is necessary to cancel school (or dismiss early), the district will use our telephone broadcast service - SchoolReach Instant Parent Contact - to notify you of the cancellation. This system allows us to call up to four phone numbers (home and cell phones) per family.
Also, you can tune into any one of the following radio/television stations:
School cancellations are made prior to the start of morning bus routes at 6:00 am whenever possible.
If you wish to update your contact numbers, please contact your child's school building.